Hey there! Welcome to my thinking space! I’m Charity, a Christ following wife of 14 years and homeschool mom of 4 lovely blessings (ages 10, 9, 6, and 4). We live in the country in the beautiful Upper Cumberland of Tennessee. I am a penny pinching, control freak who loves to plan and have things organized, but has a horrible time keeping the house clean. I could talk for hours about my Savior, marriage, motherhood, homeschooling, photography, books, and chocolate.
Writing is the way I process life. It helps me to see my thoughts or emotions on paper. I have always written down things that God has shown me, but it wasn’t until recently that I felt led to share. After so many wonderful people have encouraged me in my walk with God, I wanted to give back a little. Lately, I have heard ladies my age who are discouraged and feel like everyone else is better than they are. I have heard them complain that everyone else seems to have it all together on social media and they wish they could be like that. It makes me sad to know that so many women are discouraged by people who don’t have their act together any better than they do. I want to:
- Encourage people to be more Christ-like.
- Encourage women that other women are actually just like them, no matter the mask they put on – and that no one can do it all, but everyone can do God’s will.
- To help women feel like they aren’t alone.
- Encourage wives to love their husbands.
- To encourage moms to relax and just worry about being a good parent, because there is no perfect parent other than God. I want to encourage them to realize that they know their child better than anyone else does, and that God gave them to their child, because they are exactly who their child needs!
- Encourage other women to not feel pressured to be what others think they should be – but what God wants them to be.
- Give ideas and inspiration to homeschool moms that will inspire learning.
- Share my view of God’s beauty through words and pictures.
- To share things God is showing me personally in my walk with Him.
What I don’t want this blog to be is another place that makes you feel discouraged, another place that makes you feel like a failure, or a place that makes me look like I have it all together. That’s why I’m “daring to be real” with you. Being vulnerable doesn’t come easy for me, but I do think it is necessary for others to feel encouraged.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope as I am real with you, you feel like you can be real back with me.